Joomla! Is a free and open-source content management system (CMS) for publishing web content. It is built on a model–view–controller web application framework that can be used independently of the content management system that allows you to build powerful online applications. Given what we know about Joomla, it is a reliable and relatively easy platform to build and blog on. The question is can it host a business website?
According to their site, Joomla! Is one of the most popular website software, in the global community of developers. This is because their platform is user-friendly, extendable, multilingual, accessible, responsive, and search engine optimized. It can also be used for corporate websites or portals, intranets, and extranets. It may apply to small business websites, online magazines, newspapers, and publications. For entrepreneurs with an online business, Joomla will perform for E-commerce and online reservations.
This may answer the question. Yes, it can host a business website, but how does it perform? Is it a seamless platform that handles traffic well? What about security issues and resources? These are the most important elements to web hosting. Choosing the right web hosting provider should lie with your decision to have a website for a hobby, blog or e-commerce. As we are dealing with e-commerce, there are two options to select from with regard to packages, free or premium.
Also see: Top Kenya Web Hosting Company
For a business website, it is always advisable to select a site package that will protect your data and that of your customers. The resources allocated to your business should also be sufficient, therefore a premium package is the best to adopt for a business website. Other factors to look out for include:
1. The amount of disk space being offered. Hard disk space is the amount of disk space the web hosting provider offers you. It should be enough to cover your business needs.
2. FTP Access support offered to upload your files to the account. Joomla as your web host provider should allow for such access.
3. The web host provider should not push ads on you. This is the choice of the website owner to accommodate ads or not.
4. Read user reviews on Joomla and advanced web hosting for businesses. If the reviews include general praise then it could be worth the try. Also, be careful about the reviews you trust. Select a well-known website with reliable reviews you can assess.
5. The bandwidth should also be considerable, should web visitors want to download content from your website. Including video and images. For example, free stock photo website needs to have the virtually unlimited bandwidth. This will accommodate the thousands of web users seeking royalty free images to share to their websites and blogs.
Business hosting package is a unique package offered by Joomla that is considerably better than free hosting but cheaper than a premium service package. The resources are better with more quality technical services offered at this level. Joomla has proven to be a website trustworthy of hosting corporate even government-affiliated websites to share and present important content to the masses on the internet.
More to consider is the successful hosting of several major business websites using Joomla software. Because it is easy to use and install software, maintenance for a Joomla website is also minimal, translating into regular updates that can easily be done by the web administrator. As for technical issues, Joomla experts can handle web problems, seamlessly by troubleshooting to make sure your website remains in the best condition for both visitors and the owners as well.